You might have heard about the great benefits to living in a luxury apartment complex in Mexico when you retire, and you may be thinking about downsizing. If this combination describes your situation right now then we can assure you that this is a prospect worth considering. You might be thinking of downsizing, but the properties in Mexico are so reasonably priced that you may be able to afford an upgrade for luxury, even if you don’t want to upsize! Furthermore, the cost of living is so much cheaper here that you will be able to afford little luxuries that will keep you happy and independent for much longer than may have been the case in the USA and Canada.
Here is a list of the benefits and drawbacks that come with living in a luxury apartment complex.
- Services like maids, decorators, handymen and gardeners are much more affordable here.
- Luxury apartment complexes will likely have 24 hour security.
- Most facilities will be entirely wheelchair friendly and will generally include restaurants, spas, gyms and pools.
- Your neighbours will be like-minded individuals at the same stage in their life.
- Maintenance costs will be lower as they will be shared among all residents in the complex.
- Security when you’re away from home won’t be an issue.
- The more luxurious complexes will generally have concierge services so that you can get the help you need at any point.
- You won’t have to contend with stairs! Most complexes will be on one level, or will have elevators at all main access points.
- Regular maintenance fees will be in place.
- You may need a car as luxury apartments are often placed away from the main amenities, such as large supermarkets, in the more exclusive neighbourhoods.
- Chances are you will not have a personal garden, but you may have access to a communal one or a small herb patch.
- Parking may not be provided for your visitors and, if it is it may be limited or subject to a fee.